Bloomingdale, Florida
1.3

Variety of problems but main one is that they were missing parts and refuse to supply.. Notified them on day of delivery that vent missing, took months to finally get it. This delayed builder. Now we find all bolts/nuts for 18 linear feet of hoops out of the 78 feet length are missing. Steelmaster refuses to supply them and builder leaving in a couple days now. See photos. And the vent came this rusty. So much for their galvanization. I am at wits end. Their salesman Joe Taitano has not returned calls as promised. This should be a trivial fix on these bolts. My builder was told that I should have physically counted every nut and bolt on delivery!!!!! Also, do not let them make you believe YOU could build this; I am reasonably handy, but this is a huge undertaking. The build and pad cost easily two to three times the cost of the building "on sale". pad = $18000. Builder about $30000 because they need heavy equipment to lift. (See photos)

The pics below show square base washers I "should" have with other pic showing washers mu builder bought and substituted for base. Note side walls have holes with missing bolts.

Please, do not use this company! I don't usually write these but this company does not have common sense to simply fix the shortage of bolts/nuts/washers. They say that it is out of warranty after I think 60 days from delivery (but that was delivery back when I noted missing parts) Dan Schultz, MD Brandon, FL

Had an Experience with SteelMaster Buildings?

Comments

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #1252681

Not sure what you expected from a large building kit.Usually most places have a certain amount allowed to file a claim for missing materials on shipments.

I have a SteelMaster building and they provided everything i was told.Happy customer here!!!

So you are saying a company that has been in same location, same ownership, same number has messed your in competent building skills.?

call me if you need a building.

your a bull *** kid.

great company .

Joe Lavery

I purchased a large steelmaster building and was well satisfied until the bolts started to rust severely. When I contacted steelmaster they sent me to the bolt company who wanted samples of the extra bolts and they reported that there was no problem with them, after months of run around steelmaster would not stand behind their products. If anyone wants pictures of how badly rusted these bolts are feel free to contact me at joeleavell19@hotmail.com.